If you are interested in volunteering at VidCon you must be currently registered for the event.
VidCon is now accepting applications for volunteers! We are seeking a committed, awesome group of people to help ensure VidCon goes smoothly.
We are seeking a committed, awesome group of people to help ensure VidCon US goes smoothly.
All volunteers who complete a minimum of 12 hours of work will be reimbursed up to $150 for their VidCon pass the month following the event.
You have until March 10, 2017, to apply, and must be 18 or older by June 20, 2017.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT AS A VIDCON VOLUNTEER?
THINGS YOU WILL GET:
- An uber cool volunteer-exclusive t-shirt!
- A reimbursement, of up to $150, on your pre-purchased VidCon pass once duties are completed. Cha-ching!
- New friends, experiences, camaraderie, and other surprises that only volunteering at VidCon can provide!
- The unique feeling of satisfaction that comes from helping to create an experience for 30,000 members of the online video community. It’s like a delirious, warm, happy, bubbly, superhero feeling. Which is appropriate, because volunteers are VidCon’s superheroes.
THINGS YOU WON’T GET:
- You won’t get special access to YouTubers or backstage, the ability to cut in front of the line, or access to parties or receptions by volunteering.
- You will be assigned a position and duties based on your experience. Because of this, you may miss a show, panel or event during VidCon because of your duties as a volunteer.
IN ORDER TO APPLY, YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be 18 years or older by Monday, June 19, 2017. (If you are currently 17, but turn 18 before that date, you may apply. If you’re not going to be 18 by then: sorry! We hope to see you at VidCon anyway.)
- You have already purchased a pass to VidCon. No exceptions.
Applications submission period:
February 1, 2017 – February 28, 2017
“The dog ate my VidCon application” isn’t an acceptable explanation for a late submission, and you should probably take your dog to the vet. 😉
- We are not able to offer complimentary lodging or transportation.
- All volunteers are required to provide 12 hours of service to receive reimbursement, up to $150, for their VidCon pass.
- If you have previously volunteered at VidCon, that does NOT necessarily guarantee you a volunteer position at this year’s event. It does, on the other hand, guarantee you our undying gratitude.
- There are a limited number of positions available, so we will mostly select volunteers based on availability and experience.
- If you have not yet purchased your pass to VidCon, please purchase your pass before applying. If you are not registered, your application will be null and void, and those words make us feel very sad.
- We will be refunding up to $150 of your pass AFTER VidCon. All hours must be verified first to make sure a minimum of 12 hours were completed.
- This is an at-will volunteer opportunity, so by not working the assigned shift, i.e. by not fulfilling your duties, you can be dismissed for any reason by your reporting manager and no partial refund will be applied.
- Applying multiple times and emailing VidCon will not increase your chances in the program, and will instead result in a null and void application. Put that spam in a can!